What is Multi-channel retailing?
Multi-channel retailing is a process in which customers can access different channels to purchase goods.
The sales channels in multi-channel retailing include Online stores, Physical stores, Shopify, Facebook, and Amazon.
Benefits of Multi-channel retailing
Multiple Channel retailing has quite a lot of advantages which include:
- Better Revenue
- Collection of Valuable Customer data on different purchases
- Get more leads
- Increase ROI
- Increase Brand awareness
Disadvantages of Multi-channel Retailing
The disadvantages of Multi-channel Retailing include:
- The additional cost of starting a new channel
- Proper Infrastructure for every channel
- Inconsistency of commercial message
- This can lead to Wrong information or miscommunication
Types of Multi-channel retailing
There are many types of Multi sales channels such as:
- Stores Channels: Here, the goods are sold at a physical outlet.
- Catalog Channels: In Catalogiie channels, the catalogs are printed and sent to the potential customers
- Online Channels: Online Channels such as Shopify, and Amazon are also a part of multi-channel retailing.
- Social Media Platforms: Social Media platforms include Facebook marketplace, Instagram, and so on.
Frequently Asked Questions
Multi-channel retailing includes mobile app purchases and online stores.
The main difference between multi-channel and Omni- channel is of the marketing strategy. A multi-channel strategy is centered around the product or service and talks about using more than one channel, whereas omnichannel is centered around the customer and talks about using all channels.