If you’re a Shopify owner and Importing bulk products regularly has been a great hassle for you, then this is the perfect guide for you.
There are several ways of uploading bulk products to Shopify at once. It is possible to upload a huge number of items and their information simultaneously without getting any errors or misplacing your product data.
Frequently Asked Questions:
In this article, we answer all of these questions:
- Are you looking to Import products to Shopify?
- Are you having trouble Importing large amounts of product information to your Shopify store?
- Is your CSV not according to Shopify’s required format?
- Are your Shopify imports failing for unknown reasons?
- Are you looking to automate your Shopify Imports regularly?
If you’re using the Shopify dashboard to import products, most of the time, you will get a failed message due to Shopify’s bulky requirements for their CSV formats.
Shopify’s Limitations on Bulk CSV Imports:
Let’s accept the fact, that Shopify’s Dashboard is not very flexible when it comes to regular imports. The reasons are because of its annoying requirements; Some of them I am listing here:
- Shopify only accepts a specific kind of CSV for imports: so if you have the data in your own version, prepare to spend dozens of extra hours reshaping the data in their required format. Here is an example of their Basic CSV file.
- Max size of 15MBs: Anything above that limit, and Shopify will not import all your product information. Instead, you would have to import the data in multiple batches.
- Shopify import is not a reliable option: because most of the time, CSV import misses or changes the information,
For example: Doesn’t show the prices in exported CSV files, Messed up the CSV columns with data being in the wrong column, Breaks or deletes images automatically, Creates issues while clicking the buy button, Getting file attachment error.
A Viable Solution to Bulk Import into Shopify:
In this tutorial, I will show you how you can overcome these limitations, through our Apimio PIM and automate product information importing from CSV to your store in minutes.
Importing Bulk Products from Apimio – A Tutorial
Let’s begin importing products directly to your Shopify store without following Shopify Guidelines for the Product import process.
Apimio integrates directly to your Shopify store in one click.
I will explain that later in the process.
Bulk Import Products to Shopify; a Step by Step Process:
Let’s look at the steps to import your products into Shopify with the Apimio product importer platform.
1. Create an account by visiting app.apimio.com
2. Create your account, you can sign up or continue to google by providing your name, working email, and phone number.
3. Then you will get a verification message on the apimio screen which identifies, to verify your account to ensure it’s actually you.
4. When you receive an email, click on the link below to proceed with the process of Apimio’s product import.
5. Give your organization’s information: select your region and currency.
NOTE: The default apimio currency is USD, but you can change it to whatever you want, and finally click to continue.
6. Now, connect Apimio PIM with your Shopify store to directly import all of your product data into Shopify, or you can do it later if you want to store the product information in a draft.
7. On the Apimio dashboard, click on bulk import to upload your CSV file or you can click on add product if you want to add product information one by one manually.
8. After clicking on Bulk Import, click to browse your file and Upload your CSV sheet.
9. Choose your CSV file from your computer, open it, and click on next button
10. Preview your file, check column, rows, and attributes then select Next
Note: you can also use the Apimio default template; which will give you an already made template of pre-defined settings for your product data.
11. Match your fields with related fields, we do a mapping of each field so that we know where any particular field is located in your CSV file.
12. In the next step, Select language, Select the status whether you are going to publish it or want to save this in a draft, and finally select catalog, which by default is connected with Shopify.
NOTE: you can also save your template so that you do not have to do repeated product mapping.
13. When your CSV import starts in the background you will receive a popup of import started successfully, after a few seconds, refresh your page to show all the imported products.
14. Then, open a product, and complete all missing information. Provide SKU(unique ID) which is a must, and your product details including its name, price, barcode, weight, and description.
15. Now, upload the product main image from your computer, add related files, and images, then click the top left save button to save all of your given information.
16. When product information, images, and all of the given details are successfully updated Then you will get a popup of the product updated successfully.
17. Then, the major step is to sync all of your given product details to Shopify meaning by clicking on the sync button all of your given information is directly imported to your Shopify store.
18. But, wait if, in the beginning, you did not connect Apimio PIM with your Shopify store, then this is the right time to connect by adding your Shopify store name so that all of your correctly formatted product information will be synced to Shopify.
19. Click on the install app to authorize it, so that no one else can connect to your Shopify store.
20. Now, your product is ready to sync on Shopify and you will get a popup when it’s done.
21. Finally, open your Shopify store, on the sidebar a products option is available to click on it, and Check your synced product information in Shopify.
With the paid plan you can add multiple stores for multi store publishing.
In conclusion, apimio PIM is an excellent tool for importing bulk products into your Shopify store. It’s easy to use and can save you a lot of time and hassle. so if you are looking for a tool that can help you streamline your product imports, apimio PIM is definitely worth checking out.