What is D2C E-commerce?
D2C, also known as direct-to-customer e-commerce, is a retail strategy in which a business markets and sells a product directly to the customer.
D2C eliminates the middleman, i.e., a retailer or distributor, making the process easier and cheaper than the traditional retail business model.
Benefits of D2C E-commerce
The benefits of D2C e-commerce marketing include the following:
- Increased Brand Reputation
- Good Omni Channel Experience
- A better understanding of the customers
Challenges of D2C E-commerce
The Challenges of D2C E-commerce include the following:
- Struggle with order fulfillment
- More hiring for marketing and sales strategies
- Marketers have to compete with retailers
The following are the D2C channels usually used:
- Online Marketplace
- Pop-up shops
- Partnership with retailers
Frequently Asked Questions
B2C talks about goods being sold from manufacturers to consumers, whereas D2C talks about manufacturing and selling products directly to consumers.
Some of examples of D2C include Warby Parker and Away selling products directly to consumers.